The chakras are said to be essential in helping us to focus our creativity, enhance our confidence, and succeed in happiness. The feeling of a well-balanced chakra can almost feel like that ‘post-exercise high’ you feel after an epic gym session or that sense of serenity experienced on a lazy Sunday morning.
If your chakras become blocked, you may experience a range of emotional or physical distress linked to the particular chakra. Knowing how to align your chakras is, therefore, necessary for living a harmonious and balanced life.
So, if you’re ready to get to know your chakra and begin your journey to evolve your soul, then you’ve come to the right place, our beginner’s guide to chakras has you covered!
What is a Chakra?
See your chakras as the energy centres of your body, each representing a different meaning and area of your body. It’s said that chakras make up a part of the ‘subtle body’ - a part of us that’s not visible but where our energy flows.
Ideally, energy will flow freely throughout your different chakras, helping you to feel grounded and well-balanced. Although each chakra has individual qualities and purpose, they all work together to bring harmony to the mind, body, and spirit.
Historically, the term chakra was first mentioned around 1500BC in an ancient Hindu sacred text called Vedas. Over the years, some have stated that there are more than 88,000 chakras throughout the subtle body, however, most practices centre around four to seven major chakras.
Your Seven Chakras Explained
The seven chakras are situated from the base of the spine to the top of the head. Each chakra has its own colour, element, planet and stone attached to it. Chakras are said to define the energy that controls our psychological wellbeing. Get to know each of the seven chakras below:
Located at the base of your spine and tailbone, the Root Chakra, keeps you grounded and promotes confidence. Also known as the first chakra or Muladhara, this chakra is associated with the colours red or black and is linked to the planets, Earth and Saturn.
Shop Root Chakra Jewellery.
This chakra is said to help forge a deeper connection with others, promote creativity and enhance happiness and pleasure in all areas of life. This chakra is located in the lower abdomen and attached to the colour orange and The Moon. Other names for this chakra are the Swadisthana or the second chakra.
Shop Sacral Chakra Jewellery.
Solar Plexus Chakra
Otherwise known as the third chakra or Manipura, this chakra is believed to be responsible for our confidence and helping us to remain in control of our actions. It’s linked with the colour yellow and the planets Mars and The Sun. You can find this chakra within the upper abdomen, just above the naval.
The heart chakra is located in the centre of the chest bone, slightly above the heart. This fourth chakra, or Anahata, is linked to the colours green or pink and the planet Venus. It’s believed this chakra can help you open your heart to love, joy, caregiving, and compassion.
Shop Heart Chakra Jewellery.
Located in the throat, this chakra also goes by the name, Vishuddha or the fifth chakra. This chakra is connected to the colour blue and linked to the planets Mercury and Neptune. It’s said that this chakra helps us to communicate and express ourselves clearly.
Shop Throat Chakra Jewellery.
Third Eye Chakra
This indigo-coloured chakra sits on the forehead - just between the eyebrows, and allows us to become more aware of the world and focus on the bigger picture. Connected to the planet Jupiter, this chakra is said to bring self-awareness and boost intuition.
The seventh and final chakra, also known as the Sahasrara, represents our spirituality, visions and helps us reach a higher state of consciousness. Located just above the top of the head, the Crown Chakra is closely associated with the colours violet or white and connected to the planet Saturn.
Shop Crown Chakra Jewellery.
How to Open and Heal your Chakras?
Each chakra is associated with a different type of energy that’s connected with certain organs, emotions, and aspects of what makes us the person we are. When these are out of balance, you may experience physical symptoms linked to that particular area. For example, if your root chakra is blocked, you may experience a sore back, feel drained or feel insecure and fearful of the world.
If you’re already experiencing an imbalance in your chakra, there are several techniques you can use to get the energy flowing again, such as:
- Meditation: This practice grounds the body and mind which relieves stress and helps you to focus on the present. This gives your chakras the room to realign and balance. Focusing on your breathing can work wonders.
- Aromatherapy: Essential oils can have a calming effect on the body and mind, so taking a warm fragrant bath, using natural candles and oil burners paid with mindfulness are effective in bringing some balance.
- Reiki: This ancient Japanese tradition encourages the body to open different channels of energy to flow, which promotes the healing of the mind, body, and spirit.
- Crystal healing: Here, chakra stones are used to help you heal and achieve balance. When placed on the body, the stones are said to interact positively with our energy.
Everything You Need to Know About Chakra Stones
Chakra stones are perfect for supporting our physical, mental and spiritual healing. The stones are said to amplify the energy of our chakras through their natural healing frequency, called Piezoelectricity. These stones have become increasingly popular, with and individuals working with them to become more attuned to their bodies and mind.
Discover the Chakra Gemstones
There are several gemstones associated with each chakra that can be used to re-tune and restore the flow of energy. So, if you’re looking to increase your connection to your chakra, here are the gemstones you should hold close.
- Root Chakra:Ruby, Garnet, Black Tourmaline, and Black Onyx.
- Sacral Chakra: Citrine, Fire Opal, Carnelian, and Moonstone.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Amber, Golden Topaz, Yellow Jasper.
- Heart Chakra: Rose Quartz, Jade, Green Aventurine, Peridot.
- Throat Chakra:Turquoise, Aquamarine, Sodalite.
- Third Eye Chakra: Amethyst, Purple Fluorite, Blue Chalcedony.
- Crown Chakra: Clear Quartz, Labradorite, Diamond, Amethyst.
How to use Chakra Stones?
There are many ways you can introduce these semi-precious stones into your everyday life. Here are some easy ideas to get started:
- Meditate with the chakra stones in hand to promote the flow of energy,
- Sleep with a stone under the pillow,
- Place the stones in your bath,
- Keep a stone in your pocket or person,
- Wear the stones as jewellery,
- Here at FIYAH, our beautiful chakra jewellery collection is perfect for helping the positive vibrations to radiate through your body and boost your overall wellbeing.
The Positive Flow of Chakra Energy is Illuminating
Combined, all the chakras work together in harmony to allow energy to flow freely through your body. Becoming aware of your chakras, how they work, and what benefits they can have on the body is the first step in discovering yourself on a deeper level. By enhancing the development of your soul and connecting with the natural vibrations within you can open your soul to a life of balance and peace.
Looking to boost your overall wellbeing and re-tune and restore your energy flow? Wear your healing crystals with our beautiful Chakra jewellery collection made from sterling silver and set with chakra gemstones. Each piece of Chakra jewellery comes complete with a luxury jewellery gift box and free delivery.