FIYAH: Use and Care
Because timeless jewellery needs forever care
Gold, silver, and gemstones are the Earth’s precious gifts. Our jewellery is pure of heart, yet the world can be a harsh mistress and life can take its toll. So here are a few tips to make Fiyah beauty last forever. Make it more than mortal.
How should I care for my FIYAH jewellery?
What to do
*Separate your pieces so they don’t scratch one another, and store in a padded box. Gemstones are particularly abrasive if jewellery is rattling around.
*Fasten necklace and bracelet chains when storing jewellery to avoid them becoming tangled.
*Wear rubber gloves for cleaning. Wash with mild dishwashing soap and rub dry or polish with a soft non-abrasive cloth. Better still, use a specialist liquid like on the Fiyah Cleaning Cloth.
Care for Metals
* Keep jewellery away from stained wood. Stains and polishes carry chemical which can tarnish.
* Invest in some moisture-absorbing silicon packs for your padded jewellery box. Even ‘pure’ water has minerals that can tarnish precious metals.
* Don’t wear jewellery in a sauna, steam room, or swimming pool. These environments are cleaned and sanitised with chemicals.
* Don’t cover jewellery with moisture lotions, perfume, or hairspray. Apply them before you put on your jewellery.
* Avoid wearing jewellery when showering, bathing, cooking, cleaning, gardening, and exercising, and remove jewellery before bed.
Care for Gemstones
*Store jewellery away from direct sunlight which can fade and dull gemstones. Windowsills are prime culprits!
*Do not wear gemstone jewellery in situations where it may be exposed to rough surfaces, extreme temperatures, harsh chemicals or severe impacts
*Jewellery with stones should always be stored separated from each other to avoid scratching
How should I store my FIYAH jewellery?
Jewellery should be stored away from natural sunlight and heat, in a protective jewellery box or a tarnish-resistant pouch (currently not available in FIYAH stores).
Do not store your jewellery in the bathroom. Please note that our FIYAH gift boxes are not made for long-term storage as they are not airtight.
The FIYAH cleaning cloth
Our gentle cleaning cloth is impregnated with a PH-neutral liquid to both clean and protect your jewellery to keep its shine and lustre. Fiyah cleaning cloths are a smart investment in when you own forever jewellery.
The cleaning cloth is ideal for anyone with a passion for their FIYAH collection. A great way to keep your FIYAH jewellery gleaming is with our special double-sided polishing cloth.